[mapserver-users] Shape ID in FILTER/CLASS EXPRESSION?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Dec 17 10:45:39 EST 2001

3.5 introduces 2 index query modes (INDEXQUERY and INDEXQUERYMAP). You use the cgi parameters shapeindex and tileindex to identify the feature of interest. Tileindex is use when accessing tiled data. You must also define a qlayer.

This feature was added specifically to support instances like you describe, the staged presentation of information.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Armin Burger <armin.burger at territoriumonline.com> 12/14/01 17:21 PM >>>
Steve,

what would be the mode definition for the 'shape by index'? Maybe I can make
use of it.

My intention is to query the attribute data of a layer and show the found
features first in an html table. In one column every found feature has a
link with a javascript behind. Clicking on that link the map should be
zoomed to the extent of this feature and the feature should be somehow
highlighted. But I would like to have this highlight persistant during zooms
etc. until I switch it off.

With the normal querymap this does not work. So I used your suggestion with
an additional query-highlight-layer whose filter/class expressions are set
via the url to show only the requested records.  For the zoom/highlight to a
single feature an internal ID I can pass to the javascript would be optimal.
Otherwise I had to create a unique ID in the data or use a field that could
serve as that. At the moment I'm highlighting all found features
simultaneously and the link does only the zooming to the feature extent.

I added this 'Shape ID' feature request to the bugzilla.

Armin