[mapserver-users] truetype weirdness

thorsten fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Mon Dec 17 14:36:04 EST 2001

You probably received a part of this email twice before I completed
it because of my complete unability to use my mail program. I am sorry for any
inconvinience caused. Come to think of it, I also feel very sorry for
not being able to spell words correctly.

Ladies and gentlemen,

thanks for your quick answers to my last question, and I will give the
suggestions a try. But here I have another thing, and it is about to
make me mad by now.

I am trying to do the following in an annotation layer:

   CLASS
    EXPRESSION /./
    LABEL
      COLOR 0 0 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
      TYPE TRUETYPE
#      TYPE BITMAP
      FONT arial
      SIZE 12
#      SIZE SMALL
      POSITION CR
      PARTIALS TRUE
      BUFFER 1
    END
   END

The WMS enabled box only returns the following message:

<ServiceException>
msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not find/open font
</ServiceException>

Fontpath is set, the directory exist and is readable. The 'fontlist'
file contains valid entries, the .ttf files exist, they are readable as
well and are valid truetype font files. clases, labelitems and
classitems are properly set up; uncommenting the bitmap font parts above
delivers valid results.

# mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.5 (beta) OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Any suggestions?

tia,

thorsten

Thorsten Fischer        thfischer at mapmedia.de

MapMedia - Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme
Am Borsigturm 42
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
http://www.mapmedia.de tel: +49 (0)30 43032102