[mapserver-users] slightly offtopic -- mapserver forums

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Mon Dec 17 14:50:02 EST 2001

Stephen, Daniel, others...

I have suggested this once before, but here it is again. Would all please
consider converting the Mapserver list to a web-based discussion. I love the
list, and learn so much from it, however, at times I would like to subscribe
to specific threads and read the traffic only on those threads. I would like
to search the archives using sql or text search queries, and be able to
access all of this from anywhere, not just my computer. Besides the ability
to subscribe to specific threads only, the next greatest advantage would be
to be able to attach files, such as scripts, code frags, map files, even
screenshots, and not have the attachments travel to each and every member of
the list.

Please, please, please consider this. And if the general consensus is yes, I
can do a little bit of scouting to see what freebie software is out there...
I know there are Perl-based forums, and there is also Phorum which is PHP
based.

Thanks,

pk/