[mapserver-users] slightly offtopic -- mapserver forums

David Baker David at baker.pc.my
Mon Dec 17 20:26:54 EST 2001

On 17 Dec 2001 at 13:50, Puneet Kishor <pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com> wrote:

> I have suggested this once before, but here it is again. Would all please
> consider converting the Mapserver list to a web-based discussion.

I'll weigh in - please don't. A lot of people over here in Asia barely have
expensive 56k dial-up, and searching & reading online is a huge waste of
our valuable resources.

I've looked in the archives & the search function seems good enough for me.

Having said that, there are groups like yahoogroups that allow reading on
the web or delivery by email. Not sure if the search engines are good or
not. I read all of them by email, and wouldn't subscribe to any of them if
I had to get on the web each time.

Dave