[mapserver-users] getSymbol(): (BUFFER):395 error

Tim Sutton sutton_t at giug.net
Wed Dec 19 10:20:04 EST 2001

HI

Many thanks for your help. That sorted out that problem. Now my page
comes up with the following error:

msGetLabelSize(): libgd was not built with FreeType font support.

The same version on gd ftype etc and same font defs were used in my
project with an earlier version of mapserver and worked fine. I will
try recompiling gd to sort this one out.....

Cheers

Tim

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Tim Sutton wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have just upgraded my cvs to get up to date with 3.5 stable. My last
> > build was made about 1.5 months back. I am using phpmapscript with php
> > as a CGI. When I use the version built from todays cvs update, I get
> > an error reading my map file:
> >
> > Warning: MapServer Error in getSymbol(): (BUFFER):(395)
> >

> The line that comes before line 395 in your mapfile contains the
> "ANTIALIAS" keyword whose syntax has changed a few weeks ago.  Now the
> ANTIALIAS takes a boolean parameter, so the following should work:
>
>         ANTIALIAS TRUE
>         BUFFER 4
>
> Note that the same change also happened with keyword "FILLED" in symbol
> files.

Tim Sutton                          WRc plc
Consultant, GIS Solutions Group     Frankland Road
Direct line:  +44 (0) 1793 865056   Blagrove
Switchboard:  +44 (0) 1793 865000   Swindon
Fax:          +44 (0) 1793 865001   Wiltshire SN5 8YF
                                    United Kingdom

WRc - Solutions for Water, Waste and the Environment