[mapserver-users] mapscript docs

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Dec 20 09:36:19 EST 2001

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the advice.

I have asked SDL. He would know.

> About your app, I think reconfiguring your PHP as a CGI is still the
> best route (it's not that big a change, all your stuff should
> still work
> after).  First because you won't have to rewrite your app, but mostly
> because we're still waiting to hear from someone that has succesfully
> used Perl MapScript on Windoze... a few users have managed to compile
> it, but they all ran into problems when they tried using it AFAIK.
> Maybe someone has had more success recently, but I don't remember
> hearing anything about that.

well, I don't wanna reconfig PHP as a CGI because that would affect my other
PHP apps. Actually, I am quite eager to rewrite the app in Perl, and now
that you say that no one has been able to make it work, well, that is enough
incentive to make it. I am under no pressure to actually make the app work
on Windoze (if I get under that pressure, I will surely modify PHP first).
The Linux app is done and is working beautifully. The problem is it is
intranet. And I wanted to show you all guys and do you proud. Also, I wanted
to release my files so others may benefit from them.

So, I will wait for SDL's response vis a vis Perl. Then maybe with Paul
Ramsey's and SDL's help I can actually look into making it work with Perl on
Windoze.

Thanks.

pk/