[mapserver-users] query in 3.5

Nicolau Werneck nwerneck at yahoo.com.br
Thu Dec 20 10:15:33 EST 2001

Hello.

I'm trying to set up a layer to itemquery it. I've
tried to understand the new syntax, and as far as i
got it, the declaration should be:

LAYER NAME brestq DATA brest TYPE line STATUS default
                 CLASS TEMPLATE redirbrasil.htm END
END

but mapserver complains that
msQueryByAttributes(): Query error. Requested layer
has no filter defined.

What's the right way to create a layer like this? on
3.4 I just had a QUERYITEM and a QUERY definition with
it's TEMPLATE.

To implement a search like this with MapScript, should
I test the shapefile feature by feature until I find
what I want?

thanks...

++nicolau