[mapserver-users] mapscript getShape again...

Nicolau Werneck nwerneck at yahoo.com.br
Thu Dec 20 11:57:35 EST 2001

OK, last question was ridiculous, I admit it...

now, how do I open a layer to use getShape in it? I'm
doing this:

         $lyr=$map->getLayerByName("brest");
         $shp=$lyr->getShape(-1, 0);
         echo $shp->values["UF"]."<BR>";
         exit;

but it just hangs on... the first line is OK, I cant
take the layer's name from $lyr, but the getShape
isn't working.  Does it has something to do with that
open()  function??

also, how do I get the number of features in the
layer? should maxfeatures it? it's set to -1! :(

I've user the layer with mapserver and it's showing
the states allright...

thx

++nicolau