Mapfile REGEXPs (was Re: point file filter)

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Tue Feb 6 09:26:08 EST 2001

Maybe I could add my own question here...
I'd like to try using REGEXPs in a mapfile to do the same thing. I have a list of
hospital facilities where I'm enumerating the total number of beds. I want to render
the data based on the number of beds. I tried evaluating the number of TOTAL_BEDS,
but can only get it to work as follows. What I'd like to do is say something like:
EXPRESSION/> 400/
as opposed to
EXPRESSION /[4-9][1-9][0-9]/
Thanks,
Kieran

snippet follows...

    CLASSITEM TOTAL_BEDS
  CLASS
    NAME 'Greater than 401 Beds'
       SIZE 5
       EXPRESSION /[4-9][1-9][0-9]/
       COLOR 0 0 0
      SYMBOL 1
  END

      CLASS
    NAME '250-400 Beds'
        SIZE 4
        EXPRESSION /^[2-3][5-9][0-9]$|^3[0-9][0-9]$/
        COLOR 0 0 255
        SYMBOL 1
     END  # CLASS