release information

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Feb 5 11:17:16 EST 2001

Greetings: In an effort to totally confuse people I'd like to announce that 3.4 is available for
download. DON'T GET TOO EXCITED! This is simply an official release of what has been
refered to as the "nightly build". It's being made available because the msWorkBench utilities
are based on it. I will be uploading my development version to the CVS tonight so that others
working on MapServer can start looking at the new code. This version is broken at the
moment and will be undergoing a great deal of change in the next couple of weeks. ;-) Bottom
line is don't bother with the nightly's unless you have some special need to do so. The next
release will be labeled 3.5. So to recap:

  - 3.3.011 is the stable, documented release on the website
  - 3.4 is also *very* stable but documented only via the user list
  - 3.5 is in development and should be released yet this month

Please bear with us, I believe 3.5 will be worth the wait especially if you are interested in non-single
shapefile layers. Later...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst