Problems with ms_newFeatureObj in PHP3 MapScript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 14 13:44:55 EST 2001

Martin Lowry wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been struggling for a while now to make automatic inline feature
> addition work, but with no success.  Maybe somebody can tell me what's
> wrong with the following script.

>           $line = ms_newLineObj();
>           $retval = $line->addXY($lng, $lat);
>           $feature = ms_newFeatureObj($lyr_Sites);
>           $retval = $feature->shape->add($line);      // $retval is
> always 0, i.e. success
>           $feature->set("text", "H".$row["FieldNo"]);

Martin,

Which version of PHP MapScript are you using?
I think ms_NewFeatureObj() has been removed after the 3.3.011 release
and it may well have been broken in version 3.3.011.

I suggest that you get version 3.4 (it is much more stable anyways) and
use layerObj's addFeature(shapeObj shape) method which replaced the
ms_NewFeatureObj().

Best Regards,
 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/