problem with 3.4

Robert Ofarrell s371538 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Feb 15 16:47:13 EST 2001

Here is an email that was sent to the list sometime before.  It should
explain the answer to your problem.  I also find it best to use the
symbols.sym from the GMap example.

The new version uses a unified symbol file format which means you can
store all symbols in one file. This allows for inline definitions (i.e.
within a mapfile) of symbols and more straight forward mapscript access.
Anyway here's what's needed to switch:

  1) SHADESET, MARKERSET, LINESET are gone and replaced by SYMBOLSET
  2) the keywords SHADESET, MARKERSET, LINESET need to be removed from
      symbol files, and so should the last END keyword
  3) you can "cat" them all together That should do it.

Steve

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Angus D Madden wrote:

> Ok, I have mapserver 3.3.011 running without problems.  The demo works
> fine and I am convinced that this is the software I need.
>
> When I try 3.4, though, i get the following error message:
>
> msLoadMap(): Unknown identifier. (SHADESET):(6)
>
> Everything else is the same, except that with 3.4 I included
> PHP/Mapscript
>
> I have double-checked the paths, permissions, read the docs, and
> searched with google, and come up empty.  I am running apache-1.3.17
> with php-4.0.4pl1 on Debian GNU/Linux 2.2.17 .  Mapserver configuration
> args:
>
> ./configure --with-php=../php-4.0.4pl1
> --with-apache=/usr/local/apache/include --with-tiff=../tiff-v3.5.6-beta
> --with-jpeg=../jpeg-6b
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> angus

Robert O'Farrell
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia