shapefile viewer

Alexspringer at aol.com Alexspringer at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 07:54:10 EST 2001

Greetings --

I am seeking a freeware, Delphi (5) based, basic shape file viewer, with
source code, for execution on windows 98/NT platforms (non-web), that we can
redistribute to a user community that downloads our no-fee, no-strings
attached, Census 2000 TIGER file based shape files (organized by state and
county, covering the US). Most of these files (counties, school districts,
roads, census tracts, block groups, blocks) are now available.  A message
will be posted soon with more information.  Of course, these files can be
used for display directly with MapServer. :)

I am familiar with the good work of InovaGIS and that shapefile viewer.  It
is in VB and we need the ability to display geocodes.

Can anyone provide me with Delphi-based software or suggest a source?

Thank you.