Problems compiling with PHP support

Woody Wallace wgwallace at students.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 19 12:46:35 EST 2001

Allow me to supply another example of this error:

command:

./configure --with-php=../php-4.0.4pl1

response:

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for c++... (cached) c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for flex... (cached) flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... (cached) yes
checking for bison... (cached) bison -y
checking if compiler supports -R... (cached) no
checking if compiler supports -Wl,-rpath,... (cached) yes
checking for exp in -lm... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for strncasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for strdup... (cached) yes
checking which version of GD to use...
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageString16 in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageJpeg in -lgd... yes
        using GD (-DUSE_GD_1_8) from system libs.
checking whether we should include TIFF support...
checking for TIFFOpen in -ltiff... yes
        using libtiff from system libs.
checking whether we should include JPEG support...
checking for jpeg_read_header in -ljpeg... yes
        using libjpeg from system libs.
checking whether we should include EPPL7 support...
        including EPPL7 support.
checking whether we should include Freetype (TTF) support...
checking for TT_Init_FreeType in -lttf... no
checking for freetype.h... (cached) no
checking for TT_Init_FreeType in -lttf... (cached) no
        Freetype support not included.
checking whether we should include PROJ.4 support...
        PROJ.4 support not requested.
checking whether we should include ESRI SDE support...
        ESRI SDE support not requested.
checking whether we should compile in MPATROL support...
        MPATROL support not requested.
checking whether we should include OGR support...
        OGR support not requested.
Compiling with -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA.
checking for PHP/MapScript module options...
checking whether 'perl -V' works... yes
-------------------------
----- IMPORTANT !!! -----
-------------------------
To use PHP extensions on your OS, you will need to recompile
PHP.
You need to edit the Makefile in the php3 directory and add
-des-Doptimize=-O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -Dcc=gcc -Dcccdlflags=-fPIC
-Dinstallprefix=/usr -Dprefix=/usr -Darchname=i386-linux -Dd_dosuid
-Dd_semctl_semun -Di_db -Di_ndbm -Di_gdbm -Di_shadow -Di_syslog -Dman3ext=3pm
-Uuselargefiles
-rdynamic to the start of the LDFLAGS line at the top
of the Makefile.  Then type: 'make clean; make'
You can still go ahead and build the extensions now by typing
'make' in this directory.  They just won't work correctly
until you recompile your PHP.
If you are compiling php as a module, you should also add
-des-Doptimize=-O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -Dcc=gcc -Dcccdlflags=-fPIC
-Dinstallprefix=/usr -Dprefix=/usr -Darchname=i386-linux -Dd_dosuid
-Dd_semctl_semun -Di_db -Di_ndbm -Di_gdbm -Di_shadow -Di_syslog -Dman3ext=3pm
-Uuselargefiles
-rdynamic to the start of the EXTRA_LDFLAGS in Apache
Configuration file.  Note that if you are using the APACI
build mechanism you should make this change in the
Configuration.tmpl file instead.
-------------------------
-------------------------
-------------------------
checking for location of config.h or php_config.h...
/home/wud/ms_install/mapserver/../php-4.0.4pl1/main/php_config.h
checking whether we have PHP3 or PHP4... -DPHP4
checking whether we should use PHP's regex... no
        PHP/MapScript module configured.
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: Unterminated `s' command
creating gdft/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: Unterminated `s' command
creating mapscript/php3/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: Unterminated `s' command

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Woody Wallace
Wisconsin State Cartographer's Office