Problems compiling with PHP support

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Feb 19 14:59:24 EST 2001

Tim Sutton wrote:

> I am trying to compile the 3.4 build. I am compiling with php4.02 support on
> redhat 7.
>
> ./configure --with-gd --with-jpg --with-ttf --with-proj --with-apxs --with-p
> hp=/usr/local/src/php-4.0.2
>
> During the configure process, I get the following:

> creating Makefile
> sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: Unterminated `s' command
> creating gdft/Makefile
> sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: Unterminated `s' command
> creating mapscript/php3/Makefile
> sed: file conftest.s1 line 74: Unterminated `s' command

This is a problem that has been reported several times but I was never
able to reproduce it before... I think I've fixed it this time... try
the following 'configure' script and see if it works:

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/ms34_configure-RH7-20010219.tar.gz

(Note that the same fixed configure script is also committed as part of
the 3.5 source in CVS)
 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/