Creating shape file for tiled images

Larry Nolan lrn at zeppo.geosurv.gov.nf.ca
Mon Feb 19 14:04:10 EST 2001

Don,
   I have a tiled index of NTS mapsheets (similar to the quads in the US)
the attached file
contains the index. I then use the table columns to select each of my data
themes. I have a dummy
shapefile for map tiles which do not have a file for that layer. The dummy
needs to have extents which cover the whole map area.

LAYER
  NAME "lakes"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS DEFAULT
  MINSCALE 150001
  MAXSCALE 600000
  TILEINDEX NTS_NFLD_250
  TILEITEM WATERP
    CLASSITEM DESCRIPTIO
     CLASS
      EXPRESSION ('[FEATURE]' eq 'WABOFW' OR '[FEATURE]' eq 'WARI' OR
'[FEATURE]' eq 'WAFL' OR '[FEATURE]' eq 'WAFA')
    COLOR  255 255 255
    OUTLINECOLOR 142 205 247
  END
END # Layer

LAYER
  NAME "Water"
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TILEINDEX NTS_NFLD_250
  TILEITEM WATER
  MINSCALE 150001
  MAXSCALE 600000
    CLASSITEM DESCRIPTIO
     CLASS
      EXPRESSION ('[DESCRIPTIO]' ne 'Virtual Line')
      SYMBOL 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 255
     COLOR  0 0 255
   END # CLASS
END # Layer

LAYER
  NAME "vegetation"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS DEFAULT
  MINSCALE 100
  MAXSCALE 600000
  TILEINDEX NTS_NFLD_250
  TILEITEM VEGETATP
    CLASSITEM DESCRIPTIO
     CLASS
     EXPRESSION ('[DESCRIPTIO]' eq 'Wooded Area')
    COLOR  125 242 187
    OUTLINECOLOR 125 242 187
  END
END # Layer