Creating shape file for tiled images

Don Silvia don at dlsilvia.ne.mediaone.net
Mon Feb 19 12:09:06 EST 2001

Michael,

Thanks, I'd be interested in any way to automate the process.  I've never
created an image catalog in ArcView, and the help documentation makes me
think that it's pretty labor intensive.

I've started working on creating the shapefile using the Shape perl module,
which is a worthwhile exercise for me.  But I can't help thinking there has
to be an easier way.

I know others have done this, and I'd appreciate hearing their solutions
too.  An example of a tileindex shapefile would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Don Silvia