1 more problem compiling with PHP support

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 20 09:42:39 EST 2001

Tim Sutton wrote:

> I got throught the  configure / make part ok & then copied the .so to
> /usr/lib/apache
>
> When I run the phpinfo_mapscript.phtml script I get the following:
>
> Warning: Unable to load dynamic library './php_mapscript.so' -
> ÿ¿6NˆÜÿ¿v-#@÷u
6N: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory in
> /home/suttont/public_html/Mapserver/examples/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on line
> 21
> PHP Version 4.0.2

Tim,

Make sure the extension_dir directive in your php.ini is set to
"/usr/lib/apache" ... right now it's probably set to "." (the PHP
default).

If you don't have a php.ini, then use the php.ini-dist that came with
your PHP source and install it at the right location on your system.
You can find the location where PHP looks for php.ini by looking at the
phpinfo() output.  You can also specify the location of php.ini yourself
at compile time using the --with-config-file-path=<DIR> PHP configure
option.

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/