Question about creating transparent Layers

Christian Fuerpasz fuerp at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 20 10:14:50 EST 2001

Hi everybody!

I have a question if its possible to create transparent layers.
In my Project i have a backgroundimage like a Hillshading and some
different layers like National Parks which would look much better if
they would be transparent, so i can see some of the hillshading through.

I think this is not so a special problem because it should appear often
in cartographic applications, but i didnt found a solution in the .Map
File Dokumentation.

I hope to get some positiv Answers and that my request is possible.

Best Regards
Christian Fuerpasz

  INSTITUT fuer GEOGRAFIE der UNIVERSITAET WIEN
               Kartografie und Geoinformation

  Tel:            (+43 1) 4277 48658
  Fax:            (+43 1) 4277 48649
  E-Mail:       mailto:fuerp at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
  Snail-Mail: Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

  WWW:        http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto/