a problem with mapscript

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Feb 21 10:33:37 EST 2001

As near as I can tell this isn't a MapScript issue but is related somehow to
communications- sockets, communications ports or console/shell. I haven't
been able to track down any possible causes or fixes. Try searching
Google for the phrase "Inappropriate ioctl for device" and you'll see what
I mean.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Tom Kralidis" <tomkralidis at hotmail.com> 02/19/01 09:51AM >>>
>Hi,
>
>i am trying to use mapscript (ms_3.4) and have the following problem.
>Mapscript compiles ok and i am able to use the example files in the perl
>directory. The problem is that i can't open any mapfile. $map = new mapObj
>fails every time. Can anybody help?
>
>regards
>Paul Jacobs

I have the *identical* problem.  I altered the line which open the mapfile
to check for errors, ie:

my $map = new mapObj('/www/htdocs/gis/mapserv/wmp/wmp-dev.map') or die
"Unable to open map file: $!\n";

and get:

Unable to open mapfile: Inappropriate ioctl for device

..Tom