MapServer with Cold Fusion?

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Feb 21 17:23:14 EST 2001

Hmmmm I've thought of that myself.

Unfortunately right now MapServer isn't ported to CF, so there would be no
direct link between your ColdFusion code, and the MapServer engine.

There are a variety of tricks to make it happen though, such as using
CFHTTPGET to query a remote MapServer and seemlessly incorporate the
resulting gif into your CF page.  This very cool technique works with a lot
of languages too, and almost creates a form of "API", we use it to provide
MapServer served maps to clients who create the pages and content, and
simply embed our maps into their own pages.

Although a CFX version of MapServer would be very cool indeed :) Anybody ?

J.F.