Compiling MS on Win32+SDE

Eduin Yesid Carrillo yecarrillo at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 20:16:29 EST 2001

This question was posted before without concrete answers:

I am trying to compile mapserver in my win32 pc with sde support without
success.

Somewhere in the source, I find the need of this client libraries:

Include files: sdetype.h and sdeerno.h in
--------
$SDE_DIR/arcsde/coverages/include/sdetype.h
$SDE_DIR/include/sdetype.h
$SDE_DIR/sdetype.h
--------

Client libs: libsde30.a (sde 3.0) or libsde80.a (arcSDE 8) in
--------
$SDE_DIR/lib/libsde80.a
$SDE_DIR/libsde80.a
-------

I have the client cds for:
sde 3.0.2
sde 3.0.2.1
sde 3.0.2.2
arcsde 8.0 for Oracle 8i

Installing this clients I found this common structure:

sdeexe30(or ora8iexe)

|-------bin

|-------include

|-------lib
|         |-----sde30.lib (or sde80.lib)

The questions...
Is sde30.lib (or sde80.lib)equivalent to libsde30.a (or libsde80.a) for
compile?
Somebody in the list have compiled MS with SDE enabled for Win32?

Eduin Yesid Carrillo
Ingeniero Civil
yecarrillo at hotmail.com
#ICQ 14323531