PROJ4, PHP and projection of a single point

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Feb 22 11:27:06 EST 2001

The solution with MapScript and scripting languages is to use the proj4 modules written first by
be and a better version was recently posted to the mailing list. Perhaps the folks at DMSolutions
could dicuss how to create a php/proj module.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Stein Runar Bergheim" <runar at bergheim.dk> 02/22/01 03:05AM >>>
I am retreiving a set of points from a database, and am drawing them onto the image object of a map via a layer that is projected from lat/long to WGS84 coordinates.

This is easy going, my problem occurs when I want to collect a pair of coordinates from the map, perform an inverse projection of them and use them to query the database...

Is this possible or should I try some alternate approach...

Regards
SRB