german website using mapserver

Markus W. Spring M.Spring at gmx.de
Thu Feb 22 14:20:51 EST 2001

Hello list,

our german website DREAM - http://dream.lrrl.arch.tu-muenchen.de is
online. DREAM is the short form for "Digitaler REgionalAtlas München"
and the site offers environmental and planning information for the
city and region of Munich/Bavaria.  It uses the mapserver for at the
moment 10 maps, but the next 70 are already "work in progress" - as
DREAM is going to provide the map service for the department of
environment and health of the city of munich.

DREAM is hosted by the "Lehrstuhl fuer Raumforschung, Raumordnung und
Landesplanung" of the technical university of munich and is developed
in cooperation with the department of environment and health.

The textual documents in DREAM are written in XML and served with
AxKit (http://axkit.org), a XML Application Server written in PERL and
running under apache.

Mapserver was the topic of a speech my colleague Andreas Fritzsche held
at CORP 2001 in Vienna. You can find the german document at
http://dream.lrrl.arch.tu-muenchen.de/a_katalog/info/corp2001/corp01.xml?portal=cap2000
we hope to have an english version soon.

I want to thank everybody on this list who helped me with my questions,
but especially Steve for this really fine piece of software!

Markus

Markus W. Spring
Department of Environment and Health
City of Munich