Label priority

Nicolau Werneck nwerneck at yahoo.com.br
Fri Feb 23 12:34:42 EST 2001

   Hi, ppl

   The manual says that the first labels declared have
priority when caching is on, but that's not happening
in my application. When I turn on another layar wich
is declared *after* the "cities" layer, the names in
it (the "cities" layer, declared first) are not
getting drawn. Did anybody have this problem?
   ...And since we are talking about the priorities on
the map file, shouldn't the labels enter in the cache
on the reverse order?? Because, since the last layer
to be declared stay on top, their labels should be the
most important in the cache.

--Nicolau