Problems with Symbol files and php_mapscript.dll for PHP4

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Feb 23 22:55:51 EST 2001

Stefan Fuest wrote:

> Now I am trying to use php4 and the php_mapscript.dll (for php4 from
> 20010109)
> and run into errors regarding the symbol files.
>
> Script and mapfile are identical and leaving out the symbol file
> definition
> all works fine (without symbols...).

2 things have changed with respect to symbols between MapServer version
3.3.011 and version 3.4:

1- SHADESET, MARKERSET and LINESET have been replaced by a single
SYMBOLSET parameter in the map files.

2- "STYLED" symbols are gone.

You can combine your shade, marker and line symbol files into one single
file after taking out the words SHADESET, etc and the final END from
each file.  You'll also have to remove all the STYLED symbols since
they're not supported any more.

If you don't want to go through all that, I've also placed a copy of the
symbols.sym that we use with the latest GMap demo at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/symbols-for-ms34.sym

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/