MapScript for Java

Armin Burger armin.burger at territoriumonline.com
Mon Feb 26 08:31:04 EST 2001

In the documentation for MapScript there is mentioned also the possibility
using Java as MapScript language. Is there anybody who did succeed using
Java-MapScript for an application?

I tried using SWIG 1.3.a3 producing the MapScript Java files. Running SWIG
(both on Linux and NT) I got some messages like
ignoring enum constant: MS_FILE_MAP
ignoring enum constant: MS_FILE_SYMBOL
ignoring enum co....

I didn't go on trying to compile mapserver because I didn't know if
something essential would be missing then. Also I had no clue how to tell
the compiler to include Java. Something like '--with-Java=...'? What is it
producing then, a library file?

Thanks for any help

Armin
--