Symbols (fwd)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Mon Feb 26 10:27:18 EST 2001

From: "Joseph Archibald" <joea at archtech.ca>
To: <mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu>
Subject: Symbols
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 17:02:14 -0500

    I am trying to use symbols and can't seem to figure it out.
I am trying to implement a dashed line for a city border and
something that resembles railroad tracks.
I know the Symbol sets have replaced with a single symbol file.
It seems that the new symbol file only handles points and not
lines.  If I choose a symbol and change my Layer to a Point type,
I get the symbol whereever the points are.  If I change the Layer
to a Line type, it just "smears" the symbol.
Is there anyway to generate a Lineset?  It looks like v3.4 has
removed all of the LineSet functions.

Thanks

Joseph Archibald