MapServer with Cold Fusion?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Feb 26 14:11:45 EST 2001

Guess I need to do some reading. WDDX is a data transfer/sharing standard
correct? That would still require another program to share data from if I understand
things (which I may not). While that might solve some problems, isn't a tighter
integration more desirable? How extensible is ColdFusion's scripting language?
You'd definitely want to pattern things after the main MapScript or MapScript/PHP
implementations.

I'll read more and if I think of anything else I'll certainly pass it along...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Paul Hastings <paul at tei.or.th> 02/22/01 07:18PM >>>
> Looks like paul at tei.or.th is looking into a MapServer for CF using WDDX ?.
> This stuff is a bit over my head, but it would definitely be very cool,
and
> make it (MapServer) even more accessible to the masses.

yeah if i can find a couple of c kids w/the time & interest. we're using
WDDX between apps/sites with some success & little effort so it
seems a natural place to start. if anyone can see any gotchas,
deadends, etc. we'd appreciate hearing about them.