OGC mapplet integration

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 15:04:50 EST 2001

Hi,

I'd like to use mapplet.java to set a background image representing an
OGC-style requested image.

Additions to HTML:

<PARAM NAME="OGC_Layer" VALUE="whatever">

..this value (coordinates, layers) will be built during the CGI rendering of
the application.

..then, in the applet, pick up the OGC image as per the MapServer returned
image, and set it as the background:

s = getParameter("OGC_Layer");
try {
  OGCurl = new URL(s);
} catch(MalformedURLException e) {
    window.eval("mapplet_error('Applet error. Malformed OGC image URL.');");
    this.stop();
}
OGCimg = getImage(OGCurl);

..I'm not a Java person; can anyone suggest where and how to implement the
setBackground(OGCimg) function in the applet?

Thanks

..Tom