TAB Files

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Feb 26 19:56:57 EST 2001

> Joseph Archibald wrote:
>
> Hi,
>     I am using mapinfo TAB files in my project.  One of the files has
> text objects in it.  Is there any way to view these objects?  The file
> contains my street names and I have verified the file using MapInfo
> Proviewer.  If I include the layer in Mapserver, I just get a point of
> where the text would appear.

With OGR/TAB support that was in version 3.4, text objects were returned
as simple points and the text string was lost.

I am currently improving OGR/TAB support for version 3.5, and carrying
text labels is one those few things that is giving me trouble... but
some level of support for the TAB text labels will be in the next
version for sure.

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/