query by expression

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jan 30 10:10:14 EST 2001

Robert Ofarrell wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Sorry to bother you again, but it seems that mapserver is having some
> trouble handling more than one map file at a time.  Currently I have one
> map file which serves the purpose of displaying the whole map and the
> queries called upon it, and a second map file which serves as a query map
> for built expressions.  However, when I open the query map file the
> first map file complains about not being able to open the corresponding
> *.dbf file.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Robert O'Farrell
> University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia

This may have something to do with the fact that MapServer does a
chdir() to the directory where the .map file lives... so if your 2 map
files live in different directories then that could explain what
happened.  There may also be other global things that I am not aware of.

BTW, your questions should be sent to the mapserver-users list... that's
what it's for.  You will also have more chances of getting the right
answers, and others will benefit from the answers too.

 Daniel Morissette                morissette at dmsolutions.ca
                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/