[mapserver-users] PHP/Mapscript on FreeBSD

Rob Martinson cathode at nichebox.com
Sun Jul 1 10:58:32 EDT 2001

Chris,

I figured that and changed LD to cc -shared. It linked without a hitch
and loads into PHP 4.0.6 with no problems so far. Thanks so much for the
help. If I don't have any troubles with this installation I'm going to
go for the OGR/Gdal linking next and see what happens. Also, I was
thinking it might be helpful to write down a step-by-step for different
options (and problems such as this) for FreeBSD users. Once I'm a bit
more organized I'll do this and provide it online somewhere or it can be
added to the current PHP/Mapscript FAQ if DM is interested.

On this note, would there be any interest in a more easily maintainable
FAQ in an online database for Mapserver/Mapscript? I'd be more than
willing to put this together and do my best to organize current
information into categories in the database. Ideas?

Rob Martinson
Nichebox - http://www.nichebox.com
Development - http://dev.nichebox.com