[mapserver-users] PHP MapScript - when to upgrade PHP?

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Mon Jul 2 09:39:59 EDT 2001

I was cruising around php.net over the weekend, and saw that there has been
yet another release of PHP (4.0.6)...

I'm pretty new to PHP and OpenSource in general...so, maybe I'm showing my
naiveté here -

Do changes in the software come out this quickly? Is there something wrong
w/ PHP 4.0.4? I played around with 4.0.5 for a couple weeks and found that
some things just didn't work very well...so I'm still using 4.0.4. Now I'm
feeling like I'm two releases behind...

When do most people make the decision to upgrade?

Cheers!

Chip Hankley