[mapserver-users] mapserver frontend config tool?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jul 3 10:15:34 EDT 2001

Yes, sort of. There are a couple of options here. See this page on the MapServer
website: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/contributed.html. The MapServer Workbench
might be of particular interest. It requires MapServer 3.4 and Tk/Tcl, not sure of
status with regards to 3.5. There are also tools go from ArcView to .map files and I
have a perl script that will spit out query templates for a given .dbf file if anyone is
interested.

There is other work going on in this area with web-based management but I'll let the
folks doing that comment if they wish. From what I've seen it looks *very* cool.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Drew" <drish at drish.net> 07/03/01 03:55AM >>>
I'm finding configuring mapserver pretty difficult, has anyone made a script
or tool to make it easy? Say ask for location of .gif / .jpg files, ask for
coordinates of the corners, and have it spit out all the configuration
files?