[mapserver-users] strange error with mapserver/ogr

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 13 09:55:59 EDT 2001

Drew wrote:

> configure: error: Could not find one of ogr_feature.h, ogrsf_fmrts.h,
> cpl_conv.h, ogr.a, ogrsf_frmts.a, or cpl.a in
> /home/drew/mapserver/gdal-1.1.4/ogr.
> [root at melbwireless mapserver]# cd /home/drew/mapserver/gdal-1.1.4/ogr
> [root at melbwireless ogr]# ls ogr_feature.h
> ogr_feature.h
>
> this was using mapserver 3.5 nightly build from yesterday

Drew / Rob,

I was unable to reproduce this error.  Is this working with the current CVS
source for MapServer or older packaged source?  The older configure logic
was somewhat flackey, but I thought it was currently pretty bulletproof.
I also tried with gdal 1.1.4 and the current CVS source. Both seemed to
configure alright, though I see that MapServer CVS requires GDAL CVS,
since the GDAL 1.1.4 OGR support lacks a feature now required by MapServer.

I will prepare a GDAL/OGR 1.1.5 release soon to coincide with MapServer 3.5.

If you can provide more details on your configure problem perhaps there is
still something that needs to be fixed.

Best regards,