[mapserver-users] Attrinute Query and Zoom to results usinf PHP/ MapScript

Hossam Abdel Sayed hossam at GeoAnalytics.com
Mon Jul 16 11:02:31 EDT 2001

Hi Folks,

I got made with the mapserver documentation. I can't find how to do the
simplest GIS functions.

Here's my problem:
I'm using Mapserver and PHP/Mapscript to build a website for quering and
browsing Parcel data.
I have a form that the user fill to query the parcels by address.
I take the user inputs and buils a query expression to search against the
shapefile.

I want to qury the shap file and get the results then zoom to the extent of
the reslust and highlight all the selected query.

Can any body tell me how to do this using PHP/Mapscript ??

I can't find the apropriate objects or methods for doing that

Thanks alo

Hossam
GeoAnalytics Inc