[mapserver-users] ScaleHint

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Jul 18 11:45:08 EDT 2001

> > PS - Doesn't requiring the 'map' parameter violate the WMS spec? (I
> > recognize the difficulty, however -- what is a service description
> > absent a map file? Perhaps a simple wrapper example could be bundled.)

Indeed, although vendor specific parameters are allowed, they must NOT be
required.

I got around this by using the "setenvif" feature of apache ... I use
symbolic links that all point to a same mapserv binary ... For each symbolic
link, I test the url, and set the MAP environment variable accordinginly ...
Works great for me !

Did that make sense ?