[mapserver-users] Polyline problem

Vinko Vrsalovic B. v at w.cl
Thu Jul 19 22:22:36 EDT 2001

Hi again.

I'm having a problem with polyline shapes.

mapserv says:

msDrawShapefileLayer(): General error message. POLYGON layers must be
POLYGON shapefiles.

As you can see in the map file, the layer is declared as POLYLINE not
a POLYGON, so I don't understand why it doesn't work as expected.

The shape is a polyline made with ArcView. If I change the layer to be a
LINE, mapserv displays a dot, unzoomable.

Here's my map file:

#
# Start of map file
#
NAME BUSES
SIZE 600 600
SYMBOLSET ./symbols/symbols.sym
EXTENT -71.812301 -33.413659 -71.18889 -33.04636
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "buses"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

PROJECTION