[mapserver-users] MapScript and PHP 4.0.6

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 20 10:29:39 EDT 2001

Hi,

A fix for this MapScript vs PHP4.0.6 problem has been committed to the
MapServer CVS for MapServer 3.5.

Things seem to be working fine for us now with PHP 4.0.6 and MapScript,
so please let us know if you notice any more problems with this
combination.

BTW, this fix in the latest MapServer 3.5 may result in (minor) memory
leaks with versions older than PHP4.0.6 since our problem was a
side-effect of a memory leak fix in PHP4.0.6.  So it is recommended that
if you compile/install the latest MapScript 3.5 from CVS then you also
upgrade to PHP 4.0.6  Note that the PHP3 version (does anyone still use
it anyway?) was not affected at all by these problems.

And BTW, No we won't publish a new 3.4 release with this fixed, but if
you want to upgrade to PHP4.0.6 with MapScript 3.4 then you can add a
call to zend_list_addref() after the add_property_resource() call in
phpms_object_init() around line 594 in php_mapscript_util.c:

  add_property_resource(return_value, "_handle_", handle_id);
  zend_list_addref(handle_id);

Best Regards,
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca