[mapserver-users] Map Orientation

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jul 20 16:41:12 EDT 2001

Hasn't been considered at all, although you might be able to accomplish
it just using PROJ.4. That can't be efficient though. Why not just rotate
or mirror the resulting image? I could be convinced, but this doesn't seem
a frequently requested option to warrant a new parameter...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Rob Martinson" <cathode at nichebox.com> 07/20/01 03:32PM >>>
I don't see this capability anywhere in Mapscript or Mapfile definition
thus far, but is it possible to change the orientation of the map? Or
has this been considered at all?

For example, I would like to be able (in Mapscript) to rotate the map in
degrees. 0 being the default with north/south on the X axis. Negative
values through -180 would rotate counter clockwise on a center axis,
positive values through 180 would do the same clockwise. Possible?

By the way, TAB support is sweet! Works great. Would anyone be
interested in a little PHP/Mapscript to parse and load MapInfo
workspaces?

Rob Martinson
Nichebox - http://www.nichebox.com
Development - http://dev.nichebox.com