[mapserver-users] Spatial and Attribute Querying

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jul 23 13:15:18 EDT 2001

There's not a way to do that type of a query exactly with the CGI version. You can apply
an extent to an attribute query but that's about it at the moment. That could change in
the future by allowing query stacking (ie. query of a query).

That said, you can do this in MapScript by doing one query first and then further filtering
the results. I believe the database servers do the spatial first then the attribute. They aren't
done at the same time, but in sequence.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> ems174 at PSU.EDU 07/23/01 09:31AM >>>
Hi,
 I'm looking for a way to combine spatial and attribute queries. I want to
be able to do something like "find all sites within X distance with
attributes Y and Z".
 A push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric

Eric M. Steele
Senior Research Technologist