[mapserver-users] ScaleHint

Rob Atkinson rob at socialchange.net.au
Mon Jul 23 13:42:07 EDT 2001

A host has no specific semantics in a service architecture, unless you treat it as something that supports the routing
level - in which case its the TCP/IP listening port I guess.

In "Services" we think of "service access points" and "services" - in this case you have one "service access point"
delivering multiple "services", but if you changed your service access point definition to include the service name,
you would simply have a one-one mapping. This is the short term preferred approach becuase it obviates the need to add
additional level of complexity on how to model each possible service implementations set of configuration parameters.

Rob