[mapserver-users] Presentation of the AtOS Protoype

Christian Fuerpass fuerp at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Mon Jul 30 08:42:49 EDT 2001

Hello!

Now its end of July and also the end of my project and so i want to
present the result:

It is an internet version of an multinational, scientific internet
atlas.
The printed version of the atlas is known as the Atlas of East and
Southeastern Europe produced by the Austrian Institute of East and
Southeast European Studies.
The internet version AtOS was produced in a co-operation between the
University of Vienna, Department of Geography and Regional Research and
the Austrian Institute of East and Southeast European Studies.

If some of you take part in the ICA Meeting in Beijing this August, i
will invite you to take part in 1 or more of the 3 presentations which
will talk about this Internet Atlas:
Session 19: Robert Saul, Interface Design Aspects for an Interactive
Atlas Project
Session 27: Christian Fuerpasz, Suitability of an Internet Mapserver
from a Cartographic Perspective
Session 40: Christian Resch, Characteristics in Data Management within a
scientific Regional Internet Atlas

Please notify that the result of the project is only a prototype so the
only browser on which the application runs is unfortunately the Internet
Explorer. :-((
If you have any suggestions or questions feel free to write me a
feedback.

Thanks in advance

Christian Fuerpasz

PS: After summer the work at the AtOS will progress.... :-)

Institut fuer Geographie der Universitaet Wien
   Kartographie und Geoinformation

Deptartment of Geography and Regional Science
   University of Vienna
   Cartography and GIS

  Tel:            (+43 1) 4277 48658
  Fax:            (+43 1) 4277 48649
  E-Mail:       mailto:fuerp at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
  Snail-Mail: Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

  WWW:        http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto/