[mapserver-users] Image Speed Questions---Generic

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Tue Jul 31 10:50:28 EDT 2001

Hmmm.  Since these pages are generated by a CGI program, I'd be
surprised to find a server caching them.  How does the server know that
the program isn't querying a database that just got updated?  If my page
was:

http://mybank.com/account.cgi?getbalance=345678980

and it reported my bank account balance, I would expect the server to
NOT cache the result.

On the other hand, your BROWSER could very well be doing this.
Depending on your browser version and brand preference, there are
various settings that will control whether the browser will re-query the
Web server for an identical URL.  Your browser may be set up to not
check again (at least during the current session) if the URL is the
same.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker