[mapserver-users] msDrawRaster TileIndex TileItem Location HE LP!

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Tue Jul 31 16:24:23 EDT 2001

Chip, Richard,

Fwiw, here's what I know...

I can confirm what you have experienced... putting data on a mapped drive or
UNC named drive causes Mapserver to choke (I was using Win2k). Copying all
the data to the c: drive (where Mapserver is installed) made good.

IIS/PWS use an account called IUSR_<computername>. So, if you computer is
called mapper, an account called IUSR_mapper is automatically created, and a
random password is generated for it. This insures that anyone hitting the
webserver is able to view the website.

IIS service itself logs on as a local system account.

Look forward to what you guys figure out, because it does have ramifications
on how distributed mapplication is deployed.

pk/

--
Puneet Kishor
pkishor at geoanalytics.com