[mapserver-users] newbie question database extraction

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jun 13 14:01:55 EDT 2001

Paul,

Have a look at the script test_writeshape.phtml in directory
mapserver/php3/examples of the MapServer source distribution.  It's an
example that shows how to create a point shapefile using MapScript...
with this example and the documentation at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/php_mapscript/php_mapscript_docs.html
your should be able to figure what you need.

If you prefer Perl then the Perl MapScript will work in a very similar
way, so you can still use this example to find out which functions you
need to use.

Daniel

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca