Problems with the Zoom Function of the PHP MapScript Module

Assefa Yewondwossen assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 8 10:28:33 EST 2001

Hi There,

 What I would suggest is to upgrade to 3.4 which is the current stable version of
mapserver. You could then patch the modifications done for the zooming in the 3.4
version. Fonctions affected are in php_mapscript.c:

  - DLEXPORT void php3_ms_map_zoomRectangle(INTERNAL_FUNCTION_PARAMETERS)
  - DLEXPORT void php3_ms_map_zoomPoint(INTERNAL_FUNCTION_PARAMETERS)

 In fact you can take the whole fonction and replace it and  it should work.

 As for the changes from 3.3.011 to 3.5, I am not aware of all the changes but there
are a lot of modifications happening (like integration of GDAL/OGR to support
diffrent vector and raster formats,  queries...). That's why I think you should go
with 3.4.

 Later,

Christian Fuerpasz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Assefa Yewondwossen wrote:
>
> >  I added a new optional parameter for the zoomrectangle function so you can
> > specify the maximum extents allowed when you are zooming :
> >
> >  eg :
> >     $oGeorefMaxExt->setextent($dfMaxExtMinX, $dfMaxExtMinY,
> >                                               $dfMaxExtMaxX, $dfMaxExtMaxY);
> >
> >       $gpoMap->zoomrectangle($oPixelRect, $dfWidthPix,  $dfHeightPix,
> > $oGeorefExt, $oGeorefMaxExt);
> >

> I have installed the nightly build and saw in the source code the changed parts.
> Thank you.
> But i have a Problem in running the Map File. I get an Error code at Loadlayer()
> QUERYITEM definition.
>
> Have there been changes in the Map File definition sine 3.3.011?
>
> Thanks
> Christian
> --
> Institut fuer Geographie der Universitaet Wien
>    Kartografie und Geoinformation
>
> Deptartment of Geography and Regional Science
>    University of Vienna
>    Cartography and GIS
>
>   Tel:            (+43 1) 4277 48658
>   Fax:            (+43 1) 4277 48649
>   E-Mail:       mailto:fuerp at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
>   Snail-Mail: Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA
>
>   WWW:        http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto/

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca