problems compiling mapscript for perl

Michael Hearne Michael.Hearne at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 8 11:49:11 EST 2001

Last week I sent out the message below to the group.  I have yet to get
a response, so I'll
cast it out there again, and also ask if anyone has a mapscript
pre-compiled for SunOS 5.7?

I have heard this from someone I work with:

"PIC is position independent code.  Its what you need for shared
libraries or DLLs."

Is this the same thing?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael G. Hearne     	  	email: Michael.Hearne at noaa.gov
Coastal Remote Sensing  		phone: 843 740-1281
TPMC/NOAA Coastal Services Center	fax:   843 740-1312
2234 S. Hobson Ave.,    Charleston, SC 29407