[mapserver-users] RH6.2 Install

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Thu May 17 13:05:06 EDT 2001

Dear Dennis, Listers,

* Dennis Anthony (iblden at iblden.com) [010517 13:59]:
> hello list,
>
> i am attempting to compile mapserver 3.3.011 on my red hat 6.2 system.
> Each time i compile i encounter a number of errors as seen in the
> following config.log and output from the Configure execution.   When I
> execute the Make following the "Configure" I encounter numerous message
> indicating
>
> GNU Make version 3.78.1 is being used.,
>
> " gcc -O2  -Wall -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA  -DUSE_EPPL  -DUSE_TTF -DUSE_TIFF
> -DUSE_JPEG -DUSE_GD_1_3    -I/home/danthony/tools/mapserver/ms33/gdft
> -I/usr/include/freetype  ........"

I guess you have some problems with the freetype.  On a RH 6.2 with
a set of libs similar to yours (although I use gd 1.8.3) mapserver
compiles without problems. Please post (or mail me personally)
the error messages resulting from your make command.

All the configure messages looks ok, because it is the way
of configure to check your system by compile/link-attempts and to
interpret errors as packages missed or not found.

Regards,

    Frank

--
Frank Koormann                             <frank.koormann at intevation.de>